Nothing is better than learning by observation. So here's a fictional made-up example that aims to teach you how I would outline and write a sequence
Let's assume this is a welcome sequence and that I just gave a lead magnet on how to cut down extra weight gained during quarantine.
Perfect Client: Busy men that needs to lose weight
Problem: Modern men who can't lose the extra weight
Offer: 12-weeks coaching program
Mechanism: Only 3 hours a week of workouts
Objections: Lack of time, lack of habits, lack of motivation
Spell: John's, Rick's and mine testimonial
Sword: Free diet plan, $100 OFF for first-time enrollers
→ Readers know they have a problem, probably know they have a solution, but it's hasn't been easily laid out in front of them
STORIES I WANT TO USE
→ My own story on how I went from 230lbs to 180lbs in 6 months only working out 3x a week
→ Ryan's story on how he revigorated his sex life by losing 30lbs in 3 months
BULLETS WITH BENEFITS
- Increased energy to play with your children, go out with your wife, and perform better at work
- 2x confidence levels that will lead people to start treating you better
- More stamina so you can last longer in bed, in your weekend soccer games with your friends, and in your running games with your children
- Decreased brain fog due to brain chemicals releases that occur after sweating
- More strength to carry heavy things and be seen as a real-life super hero
- You'll turn into a role-model for your wife, children, and co-workers which will ultimately lead people to admire and respect you
- Testosteronal levels will rise and boost your overall being and longevity
For learning purposes, assume each testimonial is either a picture or a written testimonial.
→ $100 OFF for 1st time enrollers
→ Lack of time: All the workouts can be done at home and they only take 30 minutes a day for 6 days a week. Instead of watching TV before taking dinner, put on your training clothes.
→ Lack of habits: You just need to replace one bad habit that was taking you 30 minutes a day.
→ Lack of motivation: I'll text you once a day to give you a pump, and to make sure you're accountable
FLOW OUTLINE + EMAIL TEMPLATES
Note: The flow outline is generic and not specific to this example. There's also a few sentences that could be more specific, so feel free to tweak them to fit your goals.
- Goal: Welcome people + build rapport + get people to reply
- Strategy: What does this say about you + cliffhanger
- Goal: Change beliefs
- Strategy: Lightbulb method + seed planting + cliffhanger
- Goal: Make people realize the consequences of their problems + set the stage for product launch
- Strategy: Problem Agitate Solve
- Goal: Get people to see themselves reflected with story's main character and take action
- Strategy: Story
- Goal: Hard sell
- Strategy: Lay out benefits